About - Our Vision, Mission, Values
Together we make a difference
How We Can Help – What We Do
If you live in Barnet and are over the age of 50 and in need of advocacy, you can contact us directly or ask someone to do this on your behalf.
"Advocacy has changed my life, let it change yours"
Advocacy in Barnet’s vision is for people in Barnet regardless of age, disability or health to have the same and equal opportunity to live their own lives and achieve the lifestyle they want.
Advocacy in Barnet exists to provide free, independent and impartial advocacy services that will enable and empower people to have their say, communicate their needs and make informed choices in obtaining community and health services in the way they want them.
Advocacy in Barnet works to ensure that service users are supported appropriately to enable them to participate in decisions that affect their lives, giving them choice and control over their lives. Advocates provide information, support and representation to residents in Barnet and surrounding boroughs who use community and/or health services in order that they can be empowered to be involved in the decisions that affect them.
Advocacy in Barnet is committed to:
- Providing a quality service which is free, independent, accessible and confidential to people aged 50 and over living in Barnet who use community and health services
- Equality and diversity both within and outside of the organisation
- Ensuring that advocacy is accessible for our users, and that advocacy actively supports equal opportunities
- Involving people who use services in the development and running of Advocacy in Barnet
- Providing high quality training and support for workers and volunteers to become advocates
- Working in partnership with other organisations locally to develop advocacy services and the development of an Advocacy Strategy for Barnet